Tuesday, June 17, 2014

The 5-in-1 NET51TNC APRS WX/iGate/digipeater/Tracker/TNC/Bluetooth device

Three of us ( 9W2WHT, 9W2KHN and myself 9W2SVT ) ordered this item from Taobao, an 5-in-1 APRS wx station, networked iGate, digipeater,  Tracker / TNC and BT module finally arrived after a week.

NET51TNC

NET51TNC with China handy cables



This little gadget from BH4TDV is a multi function device :- WX station, Network enabled, iGate, digipeater, tracker ( add your own GPS module ) and BT to android phones via APRSDroid.

Here are a summary of what it can do ...

1. When connected to the network / Internet via the RJ45 port, it becomes an iGate.

2. When disconnected from the network/Internet but connected to a radio, it becomes a digipeater.

3. When you connect an android app ( APRSDroid or others ) via bluetooth, it becomes a BT TNC

4. When you connect a TTL/RS-232 (jumper selectable) GPS to the I/O ports, it can act as an APRS Tracker

5. It can read sensors and becomes a weather station (WX) without the need of a computer.

Comes with data cable ( PS/2 connectors on both ends ) to connect to the mobile rig data port. We ordered the Kenwood / China based handy to connect to my Wouxun handy.


Below is the screenshot from APRSDroid connected to this NET-51TNC via BT TNC.

NET51TNC with APRSDroid


Below are some of the settings screenshots of NET51TNC :-

Status tab :-
net51tnc status
Network tab :-

net51tnc network
Beacon tab :-


net51tnc beacon
TNC tab :-
net51tnc tnc
GPS tab :-

net51tnc gps


Data Monitoring tab :-
net51tnc data

**** Updates : There is an english version of the software found at https://www.dropbox.com/s/dc3b19wt54wtsh5/APRS%2051TNC-ENG.zip







20 comments:

  1. Good morning from Greece!!
    HELL OF A JOB !!! BRAVO....KEEP ME POSTED FOR THIS ONE !!! I'M INTERESTED SERIOUSLY !!! 73 DE SV2LLJ OP.IOANNIS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where did you buy this item from?
    Thank you.
    Ron VY2HR

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://bh4tdv.taobao.com/ or http://goo.gl/LZFH2a ... The 2nd line is from eBay but much more expensive....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ordered 6/29 through taobao.com but it has not yet shipped according to the site. Ordering is an interesting experience - I let google perform the translation and checking out takes place through alipay (chinese paypal) but you're taking a lot hope as you go through the process. I ordered the TNC for 350 yaun, an adapter cable for 30 yaun, and paid 100 yaun in shipping. This translated to 480 yaun or 77 USD.

    I've ordered other things through China and most things take about a month to get here. I'm hoping the shipping process has already started and the site just hasn't updated yet. Often when something does ship, you get a tracking number, but it only covers the Chinese mail system.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Today I have gone ahead and requested a refund - order still has not shipped. BH4TDV has 48 hours to either ship or a refund will be posted automatically. I'd rather have the APRS TNC, but we're well into month #2 here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From what I understand, BH4TDV "only" sells to local buyers in China only probably bcos he can't read or reply in english ... there are a few sellers from ebay, they probably buys from BH4TDV and re-sells them on ebay ... We got them because my friends have taobao account and they can read/write in chinese ...

      Delete
    2. http://www.aliexpress.com/item/ANT51-APRS-TNC-tracker-net-digipeater-weather-station-GPS-Bluetooth-TTL-free-shipping/32274964145.html?spm=2114.32010308.5.8.I3n5c6

      Delete
  6. Hi all,
    I'm also planning to buy one of these devices to use it as an APRS-Tracker in my car. I wondering if there is any english manual available on the internet which also explains the wiring?

    73 from Germany de Stephan, DG1BGS

    ReplyDelete
  7. This 5 in 1 is overkill for a simple tracker... you can order specific cables for yr handy... kenwood/china , yaesu and others... the default comes with a mini-6 DIN, similar to any dual-band mobile rig connector....

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi
    pleas I looking a way to find how to update the NET51TNC APRS and what is the last up date and where I can find it

    thanks 4z7dfd 73

    ReplyDelete
  9. What is your current version of the net51tnc ??

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello

    Order my device all the settings I run the device has reached me, I see right from data devices TX challenge of data is not transmitting, I applied to the ICOM IC-V68 models walkie-talkie to prepare for its external connection cables but olurmusunuz help is not coming out of the data signal does tx 73 TA2TQ

    ReplyDelete
  11. hello

    TNC is monitored but not send me out just like I said I've checked all the settings, data and possible situations Does this situation, which is about TA2TQ-10

    ReplyDelete
  12. TNC SI WORK FINE BUT I CONNECT THE NCD IT WILL LIGHTUP BUT NOT SHOW ANY THING y? THAT I DO TO SHOW INFO ETC .. ..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have u read / translated to english the user manual ?? There is a section on LED ... I think you need to turn on LCD support on the settings..

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

  15. Hello

    I search the software to run the TNC51 under windows xp.I have tried several downloads, I have “vshost files” I do not understand.

    thanks

    Sebastien – F4GQK

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi
    I purchased a APRS 51 TNC but there is no - zero information on how to plug it into my computer, what the plugs are for or anything! also the software I have downloaded will not install or load - I have the latest patches on Windows 10 - help please!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh did not realise there was no information on me for that post! reply to troopiepete@gmail.com
    Regards
    Peter Richens - VK4FSD

    ReplyDelete